This order for $900.15 has been sent, and I’m expecting to be mining litecoin on it by Next Weekend. (Check back in for updates on this page the weekend of December 13th to see how well it mines, and if it will be profitable at that rate.)
1 x Antec NEW SOLUTION SERIES VSK-4000 Black SGCC steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case __&__ See Below, description/logic of each item on this list.
That’s what went down. If any of these aren’t available, I’ll provide this “logic” section so that you know Why I chose the parts, and you will be able to find similar parts. Here’s why:
Starting from the Top of the list,
- The 7870 Ghz Edition graphics card x 2 –Look on this list for “100354OC-2L”(found in specifications of any graphics card on newegg.) : https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison … 384KHash /each. $170/each. This is the only part that really matters; (for litecoin mining. This is a dedicated litecoin miner. All other parts are as cheap as possible.)
- Case x 1:It can fit a 12.5″ graphics card. Also was $35…
- The CPU x1,a dual core 3.6 Ghz processor. It says it is an “APU ( — GPU + CPU )”, and I’m curious about that. I think this means I can plug the screen into the motherboard, and there is a possiblity of being able to play games in low settings while mining..!
- DVD Burner x1:Cheap as possible, also a CD reader, for installing windows… How often do you use CDs? As cheap as possible.
- Hard Drive x1:Could have gotten a hard drive with 16MB cash for $55, but this one had a lot more cache(64MB) and is 500GB, which should be enough considering hard drive space is really not that essential for mining. was looking into other 250GB hard drives to save $, but this had the other selling point of “Western Digital Green Edition”, advertising reduced power consumption. WD is a good brand for hard drives.
- Motherboard x1:Mostly bought this because the CPU(processor) slot is FM2, and my CPU is socket FM2. I made sure the motherboard could fit the ram, could fit two PCI graphics cards, was compatible with DDR3 1333 to match the RAM I bought, and had USB3.0/SATA 6.0Gb/s.
- RAM 8GB(4GB x2 – G.SKILL brand, ddr3 1333) x 1:Was looking at cheap ram. Saw windows 7 only needed 2GB of RAM minimum. But I went ahead and got the two 4GB sticks so that if I build another dedicated rig, I can take one of the 4GB sticks out and put it into the new one, to save money. And also, RAM is not necessary for litecoin mining, again, trying to be as cheap as possible.
- Operating System x1:Windows 7, 64-bit. 3 Keys. All keys going to miners. These keys will unlock 760Khash, 350kHash, and another 200-300kHash. It’s awesome that the other two keys are also going to miners. If I do build another dedicated rig, I’ll make sure to offer anyone windows 7 for 1/3 the price, since you get 3 keys per CD.
- Power Supply 750W x1:This should be enough power based on my calculations. It is also Gold-Certified, meaning energy efficient. Worst comes to worst, I’ll move the 1000W power supply from my desktop with 1 graphics card, and put the 750 in my desktop.
Check back on this page for Updates on Performance. We have to wait until the parts get here and I build it. Would anyone be interested in a video of how to build a computer? Comment, I love it when I can see if people are using this website. Check back in for updates on how fast it mines litecoin!!! It will have two amazing graphics cards!
The graphics card I got is sold out now! Look at this [ ASUS HD7870-DC2-2GD5-V2 Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video …] As an alternative. $189 instead of $169, but apparently is 13kHash(394 instead of 381) … more than the ones I bought, but also more expensive.
Updated: and tested it runs 336 or 337 kilohash, all the time, both of em in the whole dedicated miner one computer idea. at this rate with 2 7870 ghz editions at 330 khash and my comp mining 24/7 as well with the 7770 at 297khash, thats 960khash all the time. 5 litecoins … twice a month? So, the way I see it, 300-400$ every month. half is split because the thirdsies on the dedicated miner.. so 1 person could be paid off in one month but thats not how its split, y’all
Donations Accepted IN BTC: 1MYw9Vmf42BjcmSuZ1KmNNzsq7v3oNiagJ
Donations Accepted IN LTC: LfcLWnxRv433ezzYUUJ7pUUy5v8m3ik7yW
From mining litecoin around november/thxgiving with at first just the one 7770, but now with the 7770 + 2x 7870 mined 3.64 LTC as of 11:14 12/16/2013